During this evening’s gubernatorial debate, candidate Nathan Deal blatantly misrepresented Attorney General candidate Ken Hodges’ position on the federal health care bill and the legal challenge to that bill. During the debate, Deal claimed that Hodges supported the health care bill and would not challenge it if elected Attorney General.
Like Republican Attorney General nominee Sam Olens, Deal is attempting to create an issue for political purposes where none exists. Georgia is now part of the multistate lawsuit challenging the health care legislation, and it will continue. Both Congressman Deal and Governor Barnes have said they will also do the same. No matter who is elected Governor and Attorney this year, Georgia will continue to be a part of the lawsuit.
“As I have always said, I have serious concerns about the federal health care bill enacted earlier this year,” Hodges said. “I am particularly concerned about the unfunded mandate on the state of Georgia. The State of Georgia is currently challenging the health care bill along with 19 other states. Both Congressman Deal and Governor Barnes support continuing that challenge. If elected Attorney General, I will allow that challenge on behalf of the state to continue. I will not, however, waste tax payer dollars filing another challenge through the Attorney General’s office just to make a political statement, like Olens would.”
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (107)
- ► 2011 (137)
- The Georgia Democratic Party after the 2010 electi...
- The Democratic Party after the 2010 elections: Par...
- Troup County Democratic Chairman to run for DPG Vi...
- Will the Georgia GOP mis-read this election & over...
- Who should be the next chairman of the DPG?
- Why the Democrats Lose Elections & lose them Big?
- What happened to the old Democratic Party? Bring b...
- Carl Camon: Succeeding To Preserve Morality
- "Old Guard"Georgia Democratic Party (1872-2010)
- DuBose Porter, Carol Porter in 2014?
- Georgia Public Schools & School Vouchers
- Dems becoming more "Blacker & Liberal", GOP bcomin...
- The race for the DPG Chairmanship
- Here are the contenders for the following seats in...
- Georgia Democrats need a "Rural Strategy" aimed at...
- My Biggest Fear is now Coming true
- Kidd in Atlanta Hospital. Condition is Unknown at ...
- Thurmond for DPG Chairman?
- Senate Democratic Caucus Sits on close to $500,000...
- The Makeover is Almost Complete, with 2012 being e...
- What Now for the Georgia Democratic Party?
- Is The Democratic Party Losing Its Democracy?
- A look deep in the race for HD 153
- Albany Herald Wrong About Rep. Sanford Bishop
- Nathan Deal - Trick or Treat - air
- New Jim Marshall TV ADS
- Labor Commissioner Darryl Hicks TV AD
- During Televised Debate, Nathan Deal Blatantly Mis...
- Politico House Tracker
- ▼ November (29)