Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Local Races: Macon County BOE & Commissioner Races


I rarely talk about happenings in Macon County, but I am now. There are contested races for the Macon County School Board.

In District 1: Wayne Fowler (I), Roger Ann Davis

In District 2 (Open Seat): Wayne Bellew, Rose English Marshall (No Photo)

In District 4 (Open Seat): Gary Hobbs, Gail Spikes










Macon County County Commission Races


District 1: Gordon Sutton (I), Larry Wallace

District 5: Roosevelt James (I), Brother of State Rep. Lynmore James (D-Montezuma), Bob Melvin, Roy Yoder



This is who I'd vote for come July 20

School Board, District 2: Wayne Bellew

School Board, District 4 : Gary Hobbs

School Board, District 1: Wayne Fowler

County Commission District 1: Larry Wallace

County Commission District 5: Bob Melvin

Now there is a strong possibilty that all of these these races will end up in a runoff, so stay tuned.

Now I admit, I have't paid much attention to these races, but Hobbs, Melvin, Wallace, Bellew all will bring some new blood, a new voice to their perspective races, which is desperately needed to help turn the page & to build a better future for our children & grandchildren

No comments:

These Democratic Women Are Rising Stars and Their Futures are Bright

  Former State Senator and potential '26 gubernatorial candidate Jen Jordan Tift County Board of Education member Pat McKinnon State Rep...