Monday, February 24, 2014

HD 139: Thomas Coogle Will Not Seek Election To State House

Macon County Native & 2012 Candidate Thomas Coogle announces he will not run for HD 139 in 2014. Coogle, along with his family have relocated to Tifton to devote more time to the family business, Reynolds Foodliner which has a business located in Adel, Ga

Coogle with State Sen. Jason Carter During Qualifying
In a statement Coogle says "I want to thank all the residents of HD 139 (Dooly, Macon, Taylor & southern Peach County) who supported my efforts to become the next State Representative for HD 139. Although I was unsuccessful in my bid in which I fell short of 43 votes, I believe I ran a race focused on issues, not personalities. I'm so very proud of the hard work that so many people provided during my underdog campaign, in which no one gave a chance. I'm proud of the issues we brought to the light and the needed recognition that transparency, job creation, education, economic fairness, the extremely high unemployment rate of the district, agriculture  and public involvement received during the last election cycle. I gave it my all and ran a serious, methodical, civil campaign. I knocked on many doors, received supported from some of the most unexpected places and encouraged residents who have never voted before to practice their civic duty. I am forever grateful to my supporters. It is now in the hands of the people of 139. Don't stop asking questions, stay involved in the political process and to make HD 139 a wonderful place to live, raise a child, and live a happy, healthy life".


Coogle advanced to the Democratic Runoff against Patty Bentley and fell short 49.6% to 50.3%. Coogle hasn't ruled out another run for office in the future

With qualifying looming, no one has emerged as a challenger to Bentley who's serving her first term who hails from Taylor County.


No comments:

These Democratic Women Are Rising Stars and Their Futures are Bright

  Former State Senator and potential '26 gubernatorial candidate Jen Jordan Tift County Board of Education member Pat McKinnon State Rep...