Earlier Today State Senator Jason Carter announced his entry into Georgia's Governor's Race next year.
Carter, 38 is the grandson of Former President and one time Georgia Governor James E. "Jimmy" Carter of Plains, Ga. Carter, was elected to the Georgia Senate in 2010. In his professional career, Jason is an attorney at the business litigation firm of Bondurant, Mixson & Elmore, LLP. In addition to his business practice, he has received numerous awards for his pro-bono efforts and leadership within the bar. He also served as a United States Peace Corps Volunteer in Lochiel, South Africa. He received his law degree
summa cum laude from the University of Georgia, and received his undergraduate degree from Duke University. Jason and his wife Kate have two young sons. They live in DeKalb County.''
Carter is pledging to build a coalition of urban and rural with a focus on education and the economy. This is crucial for him as well as Michelle Nunn. The last time democrats had that coalition, they were more successful at the polls.
Carter's entry gives Democrats two top tier prospects going into 2014. Connie Stokes who first announced her run for governor will now instead seek the Lt. Governor post, which is held by Casey Cagle.
I'll have more on this later
- ► 2014 (67)
- Candidate Recruitment, Georgia And The Democrats
- All Points Bulletin To Georgia Dems: Stop Avoiding...
- Former Secretary of State Lewis Massey Should Cons...
- "Solo Education," Carl E. Sanders 1970 Gubernatori...
- GA-2014: A Jason Carter-Carl Camon Tandem Looks Ve...
- State Rep. Alisha Thomas-Morgan Should Definitely ...
- Carter Announces Bid For Georgia Governor
- Austin Scott and the 8th Congressional Distict
- ▼ November (8)
- ► 2012 (107)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (883)