With the departure of David Lucas to the SD 26 race, a newcomer is vying to replace Lucas as representative for HD 139.
James Beverly (D-Macon) is the first candidate to announce that he will seek Lucas's seat in the state legislature in this year's special election.
Beverly owns a medical practice (Goggles Eyecare 4 Kids) , & is heavily involved with the community of central Macon.
Beverly is a graduate of Wesleyan College as well as Harvard University (MPA, Budgeting, Finance) & Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government. He is also a Fellow at Ash Institute Democratic Governance at Harvard University (MPA, Democratic Governance and Innovation) 2009 – 2010 & Field organizer at Obama for America.
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (107)
- Alabama Republican Switches to Democratic Party
- (GA-11): What's next for Rob Teilhet? A showdown w...
- The Neuroticism of Fox News
- Will Marshall follow in Footsteps of Nunn, Russell...
- Attention Georgia Farmers: Ryan's Plan Calls for S...
- (GA-2) Sanford Bishop: Past, Present & Future
- Sanford Bishop Receives Legislative Impact Award f...
- (GA-8) DuBose in 2012: Should or will he challeng...
- SD 26: Will Wilkinson County Stand Up?
- Part II: Georgia Democratic Up and Comers
- Why Poor Whites Vote Republican???
- A Dime's Worth of Difference, Huh?
- In the Game of Redistricting, Georgia Republicans ...
- Get Well Rep. Bob Hanner (R-Parrott)
- Paris announces run for SD 26
- Will GA Rep. Paul Broun (R-Athens) be a target in ...
- Will Black Voters in Montezuma Vote for a White Ca...
- From "Nigger" to "States Rights": The Use of Racia...
- GA-SD 12: Shivers v Sims in 2012?
- Sanford Bishop, John Barrow & Racial Gerrymanderin...
- Could it be Deja Vu all over again for John Barrow...
- James Beverly to run for HD 139
- Montezuma, Georgia: A City on the Decline
- Georgia Democrats Need New Stars: a Farm Team.
- Georgia Democrats Needs a Makeover
- Lucas to Run for State Senate. Will Someone Challe...
- ▼ May (26)
- ► 2010 (883)