Friday, March 19, 2010

Balfour is Out!

State Senator Don Balfour (R-Snellville) according to reports will not run for the 7th Congressional District Race, nor for re-election for the State Senate, according to Jim Galloway at the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.

Here's Balfour statement:

Being a congressman has been something I thought I wanted to do. Needless to say, when John Linder announced that he was not running for re-election, I jumped at the opportunity to be the new voice of leadership. However, for the past three weeks, I have not been at peace about this decision. I feel this is an appropriate time to let all my supporters know that I will also not be seeking reelection for the 9th district senate seat.”

With that being said, you can say that State Rep Clay Cox (R-Lilburn) is the perceived frontrunner, or is there a chance that a democrat will qualify for the race. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

These Democratic Women Are Rising Stars and Their Futures are Bright

  Former State Senator and potential '26 gubernatorial candidate Jen Jordan Tift County Board of Education member Pat McKinnon State Rep...