Friday, February 19, 2010

The Monticello News: Jasper County Names New School Superintendent

Dr. Mike Newton was named Jasper County School Superintendent by a unanimous vote of the Jasper County School Board at a called meeting last Thursday afternoon.

Dr. Newton is a native of Jasper County, and worked in the local school system for about 10 years before going to work in Newton County, then moving on to Jones County.
While serving as assistant superintendent and interim superintendent in Jones County, Dr. Newton was active in many community activities in addition to numerous school programs and actvities.

First, I would like to express my gratitude to the Jasper County Board of Education for allowing me the opportunity to serve the students, staff, and community as your next Superintendent of Schools. Part of the vision of Jasper County Schools includes ‘Our Children, Our Community, Our Responsibility.’ I am excited that I can lead this vision for the next three years, and I appreciate the confidence that the Board has in my leadership.

Click on the link at the top for more

No comments:

These Democratic Women Are Rising Stars and Their Futures are Bright

  Former State Senator and potential '26 gubernatorial candidate Jen Jordan Tift County Board of Education member Pat McKinnon State Rep...