Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Cagle Quitting Governor's Race
Breaking news from Insider Advantage Georgia: According to the Insider Advantage Georgia, Casey Cagle is quitting the governor's race. He has scheduled a 1:30 press conference at the capitol. Cagel will instead run for Lt. Governor again in 2010. But he will have opposition as Senate President Eric Johnson & State Senator David Schafer will stay in the race for Lt. Governor. Now with Cagle out of the gov's race, the republican field is now wide open for anyone to take the nomination. I won't be surprised to see Jack Kingston, who is also rumored to run for governor to jump in as well as Cobb County Commissioner Sam Olens who will make an announcement on friday to jump in as well. And watch out for Lynn Westmoreland who may give it a second look. For now cagle will run for re-election, but if he does how will that affect the democrats? My opinion is Michael Thurmond may stay on as Labor Commissioner until 2014 to then challenge Saxby Chambliss for the U.S. Senate or run anyway for Lt. Governor, (that is if Roy Barmes does run for Governor). I do think Tim Golden (D-Valdosta) will run for Lt. Governor. Judging by his actions the past two weeks, he's either leaning toward running or maybe close to running. Two darkhorse dems to look out for are Cathy Cox, former Secretary of State & Trial Lawyer Jim Butler who has been mum on his intentions.
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (107)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (883)
- GOP poll shows Dems have advantage on key issues
- Roy Barnes in Americus (Sumter County) Yesterday.
- Here's something to think about.
- Melvin Everson to challenge Michael Thurmond for s...
- Seems people are forgetting about David Poythress
- Move the State Forward, become involved, says Port...
- Update on Army Vets that were forced out of the Ge...
- Georgia Democrats & gubernatorial candidates need ...
- Old article by Michael Thurmond that is worth the ...
- FSA provides direct loans to 2,636 farmers
- Pennsylvania Republican to Switch Parties.
- We may have an open congressional seat in 2010.
- Strength & Weaknesses of the Democratic Candidates...
- Falcons took 8 in NFL Draft over the weekend.
- AG Commissioner Tommy Irvin announces recall.
- Terry Coleman: What will he do?
- Nathan Deal for Governor?
- Savannah Republican to run for Governor.
- D.A. has concerns about proposed new Drug Unit.
- A South Georgia Tea Party.
- New candidate for State School Superintendent
- Article from Congressional Quarterly Politics.
- Photos of gubernatorial candidates from the gather...
- Porter to speak to Macon County Chamber of Commerc...
- New poll from Strategic Vision.
- Olens to run for Attorney General.
- Peanut Industry wants help too.
- Everyone's waiting on Roy.
- Cody named FSA Director.
- Tennessee Governor to keynote Jefferson-Jackson Di...
- News from around the State.
- Milledgeville state representative Parham resigns
- ‘Zero’ chance of a comeback says Cox.
- Marshall, Barrow fundraising numbers.
- Great Analysis from the folks at The Insider Advan...
- You cannot tell me Barnes isn't going to run.
- Thurbert Baker has Finance Director.
- Greene gets Honor.
- Response from David Poythress.
- GOP Dominoes are starting to fall.
- Cagle Quitting Governor's Race
- Barnes has early lead among dems: Cagle leads GOP ...
- Marshall: Getting an education is a service to one...
- Longtime Dublin resident to seek Porter's House 14...
- Teilhet may have company for AG. Hodges considers ...
- Bill Kinney: If Roy runs again, he needs new strat...
- Rural voters may sway race for governor
- Casey Cagle to be in Macon County to speak to Cham...
- Republican Congressional Gains in the Peach State ...
- Interesting analysis from Tom Baxter of Southern P...
- Anyone wants to be Agriculture Commissioner?
- I'm starting to become very concerned.
- Poor priorities, partisan politics ruled Legislatu...
- Dublin's Porter in race for governor
- Will this be the year Jim Butler makes his move?
- Targeted Republican House Seats?
- Teilhet now officially a candidate for Attorney Ge...
- The politics of race
- These maybe the two who battle it out in the prima...
- Ga. AG Baker's bid for governor draws criticism
- Young Up & Coming Dem to seek Attorney General Po...
- Baker is in the race for governor.
- ▼ April (62)