Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Anyone wants to be Agriculture Commissioner?

I tried to persuade State Rep. Gerald Greene (D-Cuthbert) to consider running for Agriculture Commissioner, but he tells me he is happy where he is. With rumors speculation that Terry Coleman, (who I endorsed for the position) won't run for AG Commissioner, dems don't have a candidate in the wings to run for the seat. One e-mail sent to me that Alan Powell may be interested, but a choice that would make sense would be Sanford Bishop. I doubt he would leave his seat to come home to run for the post, but he would be the odds-on favorite to take over Irvin's seat in 2010.

No comments:

These Democratic Women Are Rising Stars and Their Futures are Bright

  Former State Senator and potential '26 gubernatorial candidate Jen Jordan Tift County Board of Education member Pat McKinnon State Rep...