Race-baiting is an ugly art. But a struggling candidate is often tempted to practice the dark arts if he or she isn't doing among the voters he or she is trying to persuade. We’re doomed to see a lot of those dark arts between here and November. Of a matter of fact it has already started!
Far too often, race baiting (Smear Campaigns) in political campaigns has been used as a way to appeal to the latent racist sentiments of voters. By playing off of people’s fears, candidates try to grow their popularity and, hopefully, sweep into office. We’ve come too far in society for politics to revert back to these tactics.
A smear campaign is an intentional, premeditated effort to undermine an
individual's or group's reputation, credibility, and character. Although they
are not very popular or well-liked, they are very common.
Desperate candidates use desperate tactics such as race baiting in order to turn voter's attention away from the real problems facing a community or district. Contrary to what others say, black candidates also use race baiting toward white candidates as well by playing up his/her skin color or spreading rumors that he/she does not like minorities or racist for that, such as the case in a few State House races, as well as a few countywide races as well across the state.
It's sad that candidates would stoop so low just to discredit a candidate, black & white because his/her campaign is going no where & like always they pull out the oldest trick in the book,that's the use of the race card. I despise the use of the race card in any contest. A candidate willingness to spread outrageous rumors about another candidate shows what kind of character he or she has>
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- McClendon Vying To Be First Black Superior Court J...
- Strom Thurmond's Dixiecrat Days: Newsreel
- Marvin Griffin stump speech, Gainesville, GA, Sept...
- Forum State Senate District 25 Georgia 2012
- Converting U.S. Hwy 82 in South Georgia to Interst...
- HD 139: Conservative Democrat Thomas Coogle Goes O...
- Turn the lights off on you way out!
- Time for changing of the guard?
- HD 139 Candidate Tom Coogle Only Democrat to recei...
- Rumors of Race Baiting in Democratic Contests acro...
- Macon County: It's Time To Rise Up!
- Renita Hamilton is the Right Choice for HD 105
- Macon County: Change on the Horizon?
- Its Now or Never for Hancock County: Elect Sistie ...
- Voter Fraud is Real, especially with Absentee Ball...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (883)