Rarely I dive into local elections in my home county, but I am now....July 31 could shape up to be a memorable for Macon County. Incumbent Charles Cannon, (Sheriff) Incumbent Mack McCarty (Probate Judge) are facing strong challenges in Matthew Woodard & Coroner Mickey Barfield (Sheriff) & Scotty Layfield & Dennis Johnson (Probate Judge). Also there's a open seat for county coroner Gary Hobbs & Brenda Oglesby as well as County Commisison 2 seat Mark Poole & Ben Haugabook & Commission 3 seat Mickey George (Incumbent) & Jerry Harris. In addition there's the open HD 139 seat (which I will get to later this week). All are democrats. No republicans are on the ballot.
Im not going to make any predictions on any of these races, but I will say this..there is a 60% chance one of these incumbents will not be re-elected & one or two will go to a runoff...... that's the farthest I'll go with it. I know each of the canddiates who are running for these countywide seats, except for Coroner. All are good people who will serve the county well.
I hear all the time that change needs to come to Macon County, well let's see if that's the case. Stay tuned!
- McClendon Vying To Be First Black Superior Court J...
- Strom Thurmond's Dixiecrat Days: Newsreel
- Marvin Griffin stump speech, Gainesville, GA, Sept...
- Forum State Senate District 25 Georgia 2012
- Converting U.S. Hwy 82 in South Georgia to Interst...
- HD 139: Conservative Democrat Thomas Coogle Goes O...
- Turn the lights off on you way out!
- Time for changing of the guard?
- HD 139 Candidate Tom Coogle Only Democrat to recei...
- Rumors of Race Baiting in Democratic Contests acro...
- Macon County: It's Time To Rise Up!
- Renita Hamilton is the Right Choice for HD 105
- Macon County: Change on the Horizon?
- Its Now or Never for Hancock County: Elect Sistie ...
- Voter Fraud is Real, especially with Absentee Ball...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (883)