Yesterday Jim Galloway of the AJC reported that State Senate Minority Leader Robert Brown said he would back former U.S. Senate candidate Michael Thurmond as the next chairman of the state Democratic party.
Jane Kidd, the current Chairman of the DPG hasn't ruled out running for the seat again when elections take place in January.
Now back to Thurmond. Michael is a great guy who has a great knack of the state as a whole & as Labor Commissioner has won statewide numerous times in areas not knwn as friendly territory for democrats. But is he the right gut at this time to rebuild the party anew & bring it back to respectability? Can he effectively implement a much needed 159 county strategy of having county party chapters active in each Georgia County? Can he raise the money? Can he help usher in a new wave of Georgia Democrats in rural Georgia? There are so many questions that need to be asked.
Now if the party is serious about moving ahead, Carl Camon would be great at that position. Jim Marshall as well. Those are the two guys I would support openly for the chairman job at DPG.
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (107)
- ► 2011 (137)
- The Georgia Democratic Party after the 2010 electi...
- The Democratic Party after the 2010 elections: Par...
- Troup County Democratic Chairman to run for DPG Vi...
- Will the Georgia GOP mis-read this election & over...
- Who should be the next chairman of the DPG?
- Why the Democrats Lose Elections & lose them Big?
- What happened to the old Democratic Party? Bring b...
- Carl Camon: Succeeding To Preserve Morality
- "Old Guard"Georgia Democratic Party (1872-2010)
- DuBose Porter, Carol Porter in 2014?
- Georgia Public Schools & School Vouchers
- Dems becoming more "Blacker & Liberal", GOP bcomin...
- The race for the DPG Chairmanship
- Here are the contenders for the following seats in...
- Georgia Democrats need a "Rural Strategy" aimed at...
- My Biggest Fear is now Coming true
- Kidd in Atlanta Hospital. Condition is Unknown at ...
- Thurmond for DPG Chairman?
- Senate Democratic Caucus Sits on close to $500,000...
- The Makeover is Almost Complete, with 2012 being e...
- What Now for the Georgia Democratic Party?
- Is The Democratic Party Losing Its Democracy?
- A look deep in the race for HD 153
- Albany Herald Wrong About Rep. Sanford Bishop
- Nathan Deal - Trick or Treat - air
- New Jim Marshall TV ADS
- Labor Commissioner Darryl Hicks TV AD
- During Televised Debate, Nathan Deal Blatantly Mis...
- Politico House Tracker
- ▼ November (29)