As y'all know I have been very critical of the house democratic caucus for not stepping up to the plate to assist our democratic challengers. Well just as I thought I've heard everything I needed to hear, here comes the Senate Democratic Caucus
This time, I'm turning my fire towards Minority Leader Robert Brown (D-Macon)
( To all members who ran for the State Senate this year, brace yourselves)
Last night during a conversation I was having with a former candidate who ran for the State Senate recently & this person told informed me that the Senate Democratic Caucus was sitting on close to $500,000. Let me repeat, $500,000 in funds & they didn't give not one cent to any of the candidates who was running for the State Senate
Well this source told me that Minority Leader Robert Brown decided to sit on the cash in preparation for the upcoming 2012 elections instead of this year's elections.
Brown is all but likely to leave the senate next year to run for mayor of Macon, so why did he make such a decision knowing in all likelihood that he won't be around when the 2012 elections rolls around?
Based on tuesday night, he may have made the right decision, because anything with a "R" next to it was going to win regardless. Hell, if a trained seal was running as a republican, he would have won as well. It was just that kind of year for the republicans, so in a way, Brown may have saw the writing on the wall.
But what if Floyd Griffin had a extra $40,000 to work with, or Eric Christ had $35,000 to work with or more? Could that have made the difference in those races? Probably!
So when 2012 rolls around, the senate caucus will be well funded to support candidates whoever decides to run two years from now. Dems tend to do better during presidential elections.
MEMO TO THE SENATE DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS: GET YOURSELVES A CAUCUS DIRECTOR ASAP!
To all dems: Another showing like the one just occured happens again in 2012, you can stick a fork in the Georgia Democratic Party
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (18)
- September (16)
- August (3)
- July (15)
- June (10)
- May (4)
- April (7)
- March (8)
- February (17)
- January (4)
- December (3)
- November (2)
- October (7)
- September (10)
- August (11)
- July (10)
- June (5)
- May (26)
- April (16)
- March (20)
- February (20)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- The Georgia Democratic Party after the 2010 electi...
- The Democratic Party after the 2010 elections: Par...
- Troup County Democratic Chairman to run for DPG Vi...
- Will the Georgia GOP mis-read this election & over...
- Who should be the next chairman of the DPG?
- Why the Democrats Lose Elections & lose them Big?
- What happened to the old Democratic Party? Bring b...
- Carl Camon: Succeeding To Preserve Morality
- "Old Guard"Georgia Democratic Party (1872-2010)
- DuBose Porter, Carol Porter in 2014?
- Georgia Public Schools & School Vouchers
- Dems becoming more "Blacker & Liberal", GOP bcomin...
- The race for the DPG Chairmanship
- Here are the contenders for the following seats in...
- Georgia Democrats need a "Rural Strategy" aimed at...
- My Biggest Fear is now Coming true
- Kidd in Atlanta Hospital. Condition is Unknown at ...
- Thurmond for DPG Chairman?
- Senate Democratic Caucus Sits on close to $500,000...
- The Makeover is Almost Complete, with 2012 being e...
- What Now for the Georgia Democratic Party?
- Is The Democratic Party Losing Its Democracy?
- A look deep in the race for HD 153
- Albany Herald Wrong About Rep. Sanford Bishop
- Nathan Deal - Trick or Treat - air
- New Jim Marshall TV ADS
- Labor Commissioner Darryl Hicks TV AD
- During Televised Debate, Nathan Deal Blatantly Mis...
- Politico House Tracker
- October (92)
- September (68)
- August (55)
- July (90)
- June (104)
- May (66)
- April (117)
- March (89)
- February (85)
- January (79)