Friday, March 19, 2010

Balfour is Out!

State Senator Don Balfour (R-Snellville) according to reports will not run for the 7th Congressional District Race, nor for re-election for the State Senate, according to Jim Galloway at the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.

Here's Balfour statement:

Being a congressman has been something I thought I wanted to do. Needless to say, when John Linder announced that he was not running for re-election, I jumped at the opportunity to be the new voice of leadership. However, for the past three weeks, I have not been at peace about this decision. I feel this is an appropriate time to let all my supporters know that I will also not be seeking reelection for the 9th district senate seat.”

With that being said, you can say that State Rep Clay Cox (R-Lilburn) is the perceived frontrunner, or is there a chance that a democrat will qualify for the race. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

This is a Rural Blog that provides views & insights from a Conservative Georgia Democrat

Blog Archive