If you're a moderate or conservative democrat nowadays, be prepared to be racially, no wait, politically profiled by the left wing democratic leadership. One thing I've noticed over the last few years, especially this year is how paranoid democrats have become when a candidate describe him or herself as a Bluedog or Conservative Democrat
The party has seen a mass exodus of Conservative leaning Democrats from its ranks who switched to the Republican Party. Many left because of Ideological difference with the party or because of changes within his/her district or political aspirations. There was a time when the democratic party as open to all points of view, now there's not that much diversity of opinion in the party. If you are a moderate or conservative democratic male or female nowadays, get ready to be profiled! If you have two strikes against you from the so-called "Big Tent Party" who supposed to accept other people's opinions and embracing their differences.
Every candidate that runs for office is not cut from the same cloth. In today's democratic party if you a self-described moderate or conservative, it means that you're a republican. A decade ago, that wasn't the case. But with Redistricting & Gerrymandering, the party is now made up of majority African-Americans & Liberal Caucasians who represent either urban areas or a few blocks in a community. Because the Republican Party seek to get rid of GOPers who aren't conservative enough doesn't mean the democrats should seek to get rid or prevent candidates for office who aren't liberal enough.
Why liberals have such disdain for Moderate & Conservative Democrats? Think about it for a minute.
Like it or not, but there are plenty of Black Conservative Democrats coming up through the ranks on the local level who's eyeing a run for the State Legislature in the future. One notion I want to put to rest is that ALL AFRICAN-AMERICANS ARE NOT BIG GOVERNMENT LIBERALS!!!! Many are fiscally conservative, socially conservative who believe in self-help & personal responsibility. Sadly though today's democratic party cannot accept the fact that any African-American would call him or herself a Conservative Democrat. Look at Artur Davis, former Alabama Democrat. The Black Democratic establishment over there was so upset with him for not supporting the president's initiatives that they voted for the challenger Ron Sparks.
In today's democratic party if you're pro-life, pro-gun, anti-abortion...even religious, you're looked upon as a closet republican.
Look at John Barrow for example...he's not a party loyalist & he votes with republicans most of the time. He voted against the Healthcare Legislation among things. Will democrats here put those things aside & hold their noses & support Barrow? Or will they just vote for President Obama & skip the Barrow-Anderson Congressional Race because Barrow is too conservative for their own taste? We'll see on that one.
If the Democratic Party is truly the Big Tent Party, they need to stop profiling democrats based on Ideology & in certain cases, Race!
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- HD 138: The Buena Vista Bluedog, Kevin T. Brown Wa...
- Webb drops the hammer on Romney
- 2012 & Beyond: Georgia Democrats Need To Roll Up T...
- Pro-Life Democrats On The Outside Looking In...
- The Mike Wallace Interview with Sen. James Eastlan...
- Myths, Misconceptions about Charter Schools
- A look Ahead To Georgia 2014 Governor's Race
- Ellis Black: Put HD 174 in the "W" Column for 2012...
- Charter Schools and Rural Georgia: Can it Work?
- Oppenheimer for PSC Commission
- Mitt Romney: Just a Average Candidate with Glaring...
- (GA-HD 105) Renita Hamilton is the Centrist Who D...
- Georgia Democrats: Its Time To Man Up & Make a Pla...
- Democrats Need to Recognize the Self-Employed
- The Racial...No Political Profiling of Moderate & ...
- 44 Years Ago: The Night that Re-defined the Democr...
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (883)