Love him or hate him, State Rep. Ellis Black (R-Valdosta) is right for new HD 174 which now consist of Clinch, Ware, Camden, Charlton & southern Lowndes County.
Now back to Rep.Black. He's was the type of democrat the party has been losing over the last 12 years. Conservative-minded, Rural Based, White Male. Now I don't blame him for switching since the voice of conservative democrats in the state house has been marginalized by the increasingly grip of liberal Georgia Democrats who now control the party from the top down.
Black, is more of a independent more so than a republican or democrat. He fits the district perfectly, although much of it now is vastly different.
I remember this quote in which he said: This is where I belong. When I was first elected, we had conservative Democrats in the leadership of the Democratic Party; today, there are none. I have a ten-year record of voting the thinking of my constituents, and I believe I can best serve my constituents as a Republican.
You want to go somewhere where you feel comfortable & your views are accepted, not frowned upon & so the republican party is where he felt more at home....now that doesn't mean that he's a person who will just vote republican every time, (like I said before, he's more of a independent than a party person) like State Rep. Alan Powell of Hart County.
Democrats need more Ellis Blacks in its ranks if it ever want to compete for majority status in the legislature. Keep losing more Ellis Black Types & its going to be a long, hard slog (which it already is) for the once mighty Georgia Democratic Party. Black who is a farmer sits on the Agriculture, Ways & Means & Appropriations Committees & is a member of the Southeast Ag Coalition
Black has a Democratic Challenger in Teresa Lawrence of Lake Park. I have no doubt that she's a nice lady, but voters down in 174 need to send Ellis Black back to the State House on November.
- ► 2013 (34)
- HD 138: The Buena Vista Bluedog, Kevin T. Brown Wa...
- Webb drops the hammer on Romney
- 2012 & Beyond: Georgia Democrats Need To Roll Up T...
- Pro-Life Democrats On The Outside Looking In...
- The Mike Wallace Interview with Sen. James Eastlan...
- Myths, Misconceptions about Charter Schools
- A look Ahead To Georgia 2014 Governor's Race
- Ellis Black: Put HD 174 in the "W" Column for 2012...
- Charter Schools and Rural Georgia: Can it Work?
- Oppenheimer for PSC Commission
- Mitt Romney: Just a Average Candidate with Glaring...
- (GA-HD 105) Renita Hamilton is the Centrist Who D...
- Georgia Democrats: Its Time To Man Up & Make a Pla...
- Democrats Need to Recognize the Self-Employed
- The Racial...No Political Profiling of Moderate & ...
- 44 Years Ago: The Night that Re-defined the Democr...
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (883)