Over in HD 144, James "Bubber" Epps (R-Dry Branch) has picked up a challenger in Mary Whipple-Lue (D-Gordon)/ Both will battle it out for HD 144 in November.
Lue, who is retired hails from Wilkinson County. Democrats would like nothing more than to unseat Epps, a party switcher from his Middle Ga based seat. Epps who was bombarded with questions back in 2010 on whether he struck a deal with republicans about switching parties if elected continuously denied the allegations, but he did so that's the story.
HD 144 now consist of Bleckley County, Northern Laurens County, along with Twiggs, Wilkinson County & Jones County. Also a sliver of Bibb as well
Can Lue pull knock Epps from HD 144 seat? I don't know, but we'll know more when she makes known her priorities for voters of District 144
- Dr Nelva Lee: Businessowner, Professor, & State Se...
- 10 Reasons Obama Should Lose in November
- Ben Hill County Democrat Gene Mitchell Announces C...
- 2012: Hottest Democratic Women of Georgia
- Candidate Spotlight: Mary Ann Whipple-Lue (D-Gord...
- The Future of the New Deal & Great Society Program...
- Candidate Spotlight: Renita Hamilton (D-Lawrencevi...
- Right Wingers & The Victim Card
- 8 Georgia Democrats to Watch during Primaries/Gene...
- Tom Coogle: From Unknown To "Yeah, You Got My Vote...
- ▼ June (10)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (883)