After 8 months on the job, Dr. Jeanne Dugas former Chairwoman of the Muscogee County Democratic Party resigned from her post as Chairman of the 2nd Congressional District for the Democratic Party of Georgia last week according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Reason why Dr. Dugas is unknown.
Dugas, a liberal democrat, who hails from Columbus ran for the 2nd Congressional District seat back in January at the DPG Leadership Elections held in Warner Robins, bested her opponent (yours truly) Conservative Democrat Keith MacCants, Founder & Editor of Peanut Politics & ex-Vice-Chair of the Macon County Democratic Party to succeed Margaret Tyson who didn't seek re-election.
There will be a special election held in November to elect a new Chairman of the 2nd Congressional District to finish our the four year term.
So who wants it?
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (107)
- (Updated with Video) Baldwin County's Howell Visit...
- Dr. Jeane Dugas Resigns as DPG Chairman of the 2nd...
- GGW (GOP Gone Wild): What's their Real Goal?
- I can see this ad being remade in 2012 by the Repu...
- Lyndon Johnson in '68....Barack Obama in '12?
- Montezuma Election 2011: Your Vote, Your Voice, Yo...
- President Obama: The Least Respected President in ...
- Rep. Clarence J. Brown - Socialism, 1949
- Herman Talmadge 1974 Interview
- Oh, The Minority Party Blues: The Present and Futu...
- ▼ September (10)
- ► 2010 (883)