State Rep. Lynmore James (D-Montezuma) will step down as representative for HD 135 in 2012. This has nothing to do with redistricting of his district which basically remains the same except it loses northern Talbot County & picks up the rest of Dooly County in the proposed map presented by the GOP which renames the district HD 139.
James, who will turn 75 in two weeks have been recovering from back surgery since 2009 have been battling heath problems since that time & recently early this year he spent some time in a Atlanta Hospital battling a unknown illness.
Elected in 1992 riding the Zell Miller, Pierre Howard gubernatorial ticket, James, a moderate democrat & farmer have represented the constituents of Dooly, Peach, Talbot and Taylor Counties. Presently, he is serving on several House Committees: Agriculture & Consumer Affairs, Appropriations, Regulated Industries, and Retirement.
James is a graduate of the Flint River Farm High School in Montezuma and earned a Bachelor’s of Science from the Tuskegee University in Alabama & he has been a member of the Flag Bank Board of Directors, the Flint River Community Hospital Governing Board, the Georgia Center for Youth Advisory, Georgia Agri-Leaders Forum, the Fort Valley State University Foundation Board and the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
So if the new map of HD 135 holds up, there will be a new state representative for the counties of Macon, Dooly, Taylor & Southern Peach County. Already several names have been mentioned as possible candidates for James house seat. There is a strong possibilty that the next State Rep will come out of either Macon or Dooly County.
- ► 2012 (107)
- The GOP's Small, but Still Shrinking Tent!
- Who will Challenge John Barrow?
- Are Republicans Underestimating John Barrow's abil...
- Hard Times for Georgia Democrats. What's the cure?...
- Georgia New Congressional Map: Barrow on the move....
- Counties, Communities, Cities Get Cut, Chopped & C...
- Retirement Watch: State Rep. Lynmore James (D-Mont...
- Georgia Redistricting Maps are Out!
- Wanted: Business Saavy People in the Georgia Legis...
- Conservative Democrats: The New Movement in Georgi...
- Kidd lives in Putnam, not Baldwin County
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2010 (883)