The same question can be asked about why poor blacks vote democratic? I think we all know why.
I was reading through some of Peanut Politics email and I saw a question raised someone raised who asked, "Why do poor white people vote for republicans?' I have seen this question asked many times, and it shows the thoughts from the left that poor people must only vote for democrats. While I can't speak for "poor, white Americans", because I'm a African-American, I will do my best to list a couple of reasons why I think these people would vote for republicans over democrats:
1.Not having an entitlement attitude.
I would guess another reason is that people, even poor Americans, don't have an entitlement attitude that is common among democrats. Not everyone feels or wants the government to take care of their every need, and people still think that it's the individuals responsibiltiy to take care of their life, not the federal government.
2. What have democrats done to make someone not "poor"?
One of the biggest propaganda lines from democrats is that they are somehow the party of the "common man", and that they will magically make someone who is poor, have a better life as long as they are in control. Democrats have had a hold on poor Americans because they keep feeding them this line of crap, and they keep buying it. Fortunately, there are still Americans who see through this nonsense.
Now these are just my guesses, I'd like to hear what you think!
This is one of the great mysteries of political life for progressives is why poor white people will year after year vote for republicans. I really can't explain why they vote republican. I don't see anything wrong with a poor person, white or black voting republican
You know for some, Life is about work, something my parents instilled in me & my brother. my father would always tell tells us: Life is tough....Suck it in. Don’t take chances. Be conservative and stick with what you know or he would say: damned government giveaways....Luxuries we really don’t need because we used to get along fine without them. If them people really want it, they will get up off their lazy asses and work for it like I do. He would say lazy is the worst thing a person can be—worse than dumb, drunk, or mean, worse than being a liar. My father is old school, never accepted a handout in his entire life! Started work on the railroad (CSX) when he was 17 (1971) & to this day he still have that way of thinking.
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (107)
- Alabama Republican Switches to Democratic Party
- (GA-11): What's next for Rob Teilhet? A showdown w...
- The Neuroticism of Fox News
- Will Marshall follow in Footsteps of Nunn, Russell...
- Attention Georgia Farmers: Ryan's Plan Calls for S...
- (GA-2) Sanford Bishop: Past, Present & Future
- Sanford Bishop Receives Legislative Impact Award f...
- (GA-8) DuBose in 2012: Should or will he challeng...
- SD 26: Will Wilkinson County Stand Up?
- Part II: Georgia Democratic Up and Comers
- Why Poor Whites Vote Republican???
- A Dime's Worth of Difference, Huh?
- In the Game of Redistricting, Georgia Republicans ...
- Get Well Rep. Bob Hanner (R-Parrott)
- Paris announces run for SD 26
- Will GA Rep. Paul Broun (R-Athens) be a target in ...
- Will Black Voters in Montezuma Vote for a White Ca...
- From "Nigger" to "States Rights": The Use of Racia...
- GA-SD 12: Shivers v Sims in 2012?
- Sanford Bishop, John Barrow & Racial Gerrymanderin...
- Could it be Deja Vu all over again for John Barrow...
- James Beverly to run for HD 139
- Montezuma, Georgia: A City on the Decline
- Georgia Democrats Need New Stars: a Farm Team.
- Georgia Democrats Needs a Makeover
- Lucas to Run for State Senate. Will Someone Challe...
- ▼ May (26)
- ► 2010 (883)