Presser from the Bishop Campaign:
Military Spouse Magazine recognized Rep. Sanford D. Bishop, Jr. (D-GA) for his work on behalf of military families during their annual Military Spouse of the Year Luncheon. Rep. Bishop received the Legislative Impact Award for his work in Congress on behalf of military families and his commitment to improving the lives of those serving in the Armed Forces.
"It is an honor to receive this award from Military Spouse Magazine, a great publication which advocates for and highlights the needs of our military spouses," said Rep. Bishop. "This award will give me even more determination to continue fighting for our service members, their spouses, and their families."
Rep. Bishop co-chairs the Congressional Military Family Caucus with Rep. Cathy McMorris-Rodgers (R-WA) who also received a Legislative Impact award. During the ceremony, Military Spouse Magazine presented Mrs. Bianca Strzalkowski of Ft. Bragg, North Carolina with the Military Spouse of the Year Award. The award ceremony recognizes the sacrifice of the 1.1 million military spouses who provide unwavering support to the armed services.
Rep. Bishop has been a tireless supporter of military families throughout his career. Along with co-chairing the Congressional Military Family Caucus, he also serves as the Ranking Member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies, which has held several hearings on quality of life issues facing military families.
Congrats to Rep Bishop on this honor
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (107)
- Alabama Republican Switches to Democratic Party
- (GA-11): What's next for Rob Teilhet? A showdown w...
- The Neuroticism of Fox News
- Will Marshall follow in Footsteps of Nunn, Russell...
- Attention Georgia Farmers: Ryan's Plan Calls for S...
- (GA-2) Sanford Bishop: Past, Present & Future
- Sanford Bishop Receives Legislative Impact Award f...
- (GA-8) DuBose in 2012: Should or will he challeng...
- SD 26: Will Wilkinson County Stand Up?
- Part II: Georgia Democratic Up and Comers
- Why Poor Whites Vote Republican???
- A Dime's Worth of Difference, Huh?
- In the Game of Redistricting, Georgia Republicans ...
- Get Well Rep. Bob Hanner (R-Parrott)
- Paris announces run for SD 26
- Will GA Rep. Paul Broun (R-Athens) be a target in ...
- Will Black Voters in Montezuma Vote for a White Ca...
- From "Nigger" to "States Rights": The Use of Racia...
- GA-SD 12: Shivers v Sims in 2012?
- Sanford Bishop, John Barrow & Racial Gerrymanderin...
- Could it be Deja Vu all over again for John Barrow...
- James Beverly to run for HD 139
- Montezuma, Georgia: A City on the Decline
- Georgia Democrats Need New Stars: a Farm Team.
- Georgia Democrats Needs a Makeover
- Lucas to Run for State Senate. Will Someone Challe...
- ▼ May (26)
- ► 2010 (883)