Presser from Ken Hodges Campaign:
Today thirty-three of Georgia's forty-nine District Attorneys, both Republican and Democrat, endorsed their fellow prosecutor, Ken Hodges, for Attorney General.
Ken Hodges served as District Attorney of Dougherty County for twelve years, was President of the Georgia District Attorneys Association and Chairman of the Prosecuting Attorneys Council. He has stood in front of juries hundreds of times, supervised thousands of additional prosecutions, and argued in front of the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Georgia Supreme Court.
Ken has earned wide bipartisan support across the state of Georgia because he is a respected, experienced prosecutor, not a career politician. A majority of Ken’s fellow prosecutors join an already impressive list of Democrat and Republican support for Hodges – including over 100 Sheriffs, the Georgia Police Benevolent Association, the International Brotherhood of Police in Atlanta, four decades of State Bar Presidents, and the “Father” of the modern day Republican Party, Howard “Bo” Callaway.
The Attorney General is the state’s top prosecutor and law enforcement officer and the majority of District Attorneys agree that an experienced, proven prosecutor should fill that role.
“Ken worked hard for the citizens of his circuit and now wants to work hard for the citizens of the entire state as Attorney General. Being district attorney is a great training ground for being the top attorney for the state which is why I believe he is the most qualified for the job,” said Richard Currie (D), District Attorney of the Waycross Circuit, which includes Bacon, Brantley, Charlton, Coffee Pierce and Ware Counties.
“I have had known Ken Hodges for nearly 15 years. For 12 of those years, I had the privilege of serving side by side with Ken as elected District Attorneys in our State. I personally observed his dedication to our profession and his commitment to serving the people of Georgia. Ken proved himself to be a tireless advocate for victims of crime and passionate crusader on behalf of justice,” said Pete Skandalakis (R), District Attorney of Coweta Circuit, which includes Carroll, Heard, Meriwether and Troup Counties.
“I have always known Ken as an excellent prosecutor with the highest ethical standards. His knowledge and experience have been assets to me and the prosecutorial community,” said Brad Smith (R), District Attorney, Piedmont Judicial Circuit, which includes Banks, Barrow and Jackson Counties.
“A majority of Georgia’s prosecutors –regardless of party—are endorsing me because they know the Attorney General is the state’s top prosecutor and law enforcement officer, and it helps if you have done the job. We share the same law and order values of keeping Georgians safe. As Attorney General, my number one priority will be public safety and keeping Georgians safe,” said Ken Hodges. “I am honored to have the support of my fellow District Attorneys.”Ken Hodges was the first District Attorney in the state to sue predatory lenders, shut them down, seize their assets and kick them out of Georgia.
He prosecuted corrupt public officials, including his former assistant chief of police, more than a dozen police officers, and was co-counsel in the trial of former DeKalb County Sheriff Sidney Dorsey. As D.A. in Albany, Hodges brought the conviction rate of child predators from below 50% to nearly 100%. He has tried death penalty cases and is the only prosecutor in the race. To learn more about Ken, please visit his website http://www.kenhodges.com/. Editor’s Note:
Pictured (L-R), Brad Smith – Piedmont Circuit (R), R. Javoyne Hicks White – Stone Mountain Circuit (D), Pete Skandalakis – Coweta Circuit (R), Leigh Patterson – Floyd County (D), Paul Howard – Atlanta Circuit (D), and Kermit McManus – Conasauga Circuit (R).
***District Attorneys for Ken Hodges1) Catherine Helms – Alapaha Circuit (D)
2) Paul Howard – Atlanta Circuit (D)
3) Tom Durden – Atlantic Circuit (D)
4) Joseph Campbell – Cherokee Circuit (R)
5) Tracy Graham-Lawson – Clayton Circuit (D)
6) Kermit McManus – Conasauga Circuit (R)
7) Denise Fachini – Cordele Circuit (D)
8) Pete Skandalakis – Coweta Circuit (R)
9) Greg Edwards – Dougherty County (D)
10) David McDade – Douglas Circuit (R)
11) Craig Fraser – Dublin Circuit (D)
12) Tommy Floyd – Henry County (D)
13) Herbert Franklin – Lookout Mountain Circuit (D)
14) Wayne “Biff” Tillis – Macon Circuit (D)
15) Hayward Altman – Middle Circuit (D)
16) Brian Rickman – Mountain Circuit (R)
17) Robert Lavender – Hart County (D)
18) Fred Bright – Ocmulgee Circuit (D)
19) Timothy Vaughn – Oconee Circuit (D)
20) Richard Mallard – Ogeechee Circuit (R)
21) Craig Earnest – Pataula Circuit (D)
22) Brad Smith – Piedmont Circuit (R)
23) Richard Read – Rockdale Circuit (R)
24) Leigh Patterson – Floyd County (D)
25) Joe Mulholland – South Georgia Circuit (D)
26) J. David Miller – Southern Circuit (R)
27) Plez Hardin – Southwestern Circuit (R)
28) Javoynne Hicks – Stone Mountain Circuit (D)
29) Paul Bowden – Tifton Circuit (D)
30) Dennis Sanders – Toombs Circuit (D)
31) Richard Milam – Towaliga County (R)
32) Richard Currie – Waycross Circuit (D)
33) Ken Mauldin – Western Circuit (D)