Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What is DuBose Porter up to?

The man who have served as State Representative since 1982 & the man who's been credited for keeping the democratic caucus together after democrats lost control of the state house of representatives in 2005 has been flyin under the radar a bit since the legislative session ended in late April.

He's shown up here & there for a democratic rally in commerce this past sunday & a recent debate in Macon in early may, but for the most part, he's been relatively low-key.

Dick Pettys of the Southern Political Report did a story yesterday looking under the hoods of gubernatorial candidates campaigns & when it came to Porter's operation, he was rather mum:


Says Porter:


We have put together a very unique team to manage and direct our campaign. The manager I have hired has run, basically, underdog campaigns. We have one of the best videographers I’ve ever worked with and one of the best old-school radio guys we have. We have someone that has some of the best old-school newspaper graphic experience. For me to talk about who they are would be showing my hand and my strategy, which will be revealed over the next five weeks. I’ll be glad to explain when we win and everybody will understand and say, ‘Wow, what an amazing group of folks.’ I have a major policy person, folks who have interned with me, folks traveling with me. The whole team I want to hold very close because of the uniqueness of the campaign.”

Now two sentences that got me are: "We have put together a very unique team to manage & direct our campaign & the other: "For me to talk about who they are would be showing my hand and my strategy, which will be revealed over the next five weeks."

I'm curious to see what kind of a campaign DuBose Porter is planning to run. Despite being limited with cash, he still have enough to run a ad or two on television.

I said recently that its a three man race between Poythress, Barnes, Baker, with Porter looking in from the outside, but whatever strategy he has under his sleeve works, then we';; be talking about a Porter-Barnes runoff.

So I ask the question, what does Porter have under his sleeve? What's his strategy? Will it work? All I can say is keep your eyes & ears open & stay tuned!

No comments:

These Democratic Women Are Rising Stars and Their Futures are Bright

  Former State Senator and potential '26 gubernatorial candidate Jen Jordan Tift County Board of Education member Pat McKinnon State Rep...