Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mike Freeman Out of 9th Congressional District Race

Democrat Mike Freeman has dropped out of the 9th congressional district race according to Left on Lanier.

He's a press release from freeman:

Dear Friends,

It is with the deepest sadness that I announce today that I am withdrawing my candidacy for U.S. House of Representatives in the May 11 special election. I will also not be running in the November general election.

This is not a decision I have made lightly, but recent events within my family demand that I leave the business of politics aside and focus on my duties as a husband, father, and grandfather. My family has always come first, and that has not and will not change.

I want to extend my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the many committed citizens who have supported my campaign with their time, money, and hard work. I apologize deeply that I will not be able to continue this magnificent effort.

Sincerely,
Mike

My prayers go out to him & his family.

No comments:

These Democratic Women Are Rising Stars and Their Futures are Bright

  Former State Senator and potential '26 gubernatorial candidate Jen Jordan Tift County Board of Education member Pat McKinnon State Rep...