Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Thurbert Baker Staunch Support of Gun Rights.
During the 2006 elections, Thurbert Baker got an A+ rating from the NRA (National Rifle Association). Its not like Baker hsan't been a stronger supporter for gun rights, in fact he has always throughout his entire career been a stauch supporter of Gun Rights. Thurbert Baker defended lawful shooting range owners faced with ridiculous injunctions against their businesses. Baker also fought against politically motivated lawsuits designed to bankrupt the lawful American gun industry and led statewide efforts to pass one of the country’s first state laws preventing such predatory suits against law-abiding gun manufacturers.
Baker has also played a significant role in supporting the Second Amendment at the national level. In 2002, Thurbert Baker worked with the attorneys general of seventeen states to proclaim solidarity with the affirmation by the U.S. Department of Justice that “the text and the original intent of the Second amendment clearly protect the right of individuals to keep and bear firearms.”
Chris Cox of the NRA said this about Baker back in 2006:“Attorney General Baker is a national leader on matters affecting the pro-gun community and his expertise is beyond value for law-abiding gun owners in Georgia. “We urge all NRA members and gun owners in Georgia to vote for Thurbert Baker on November 7.” Now this was back in 2006.
An A+ rating from the NRA is the highest rating granted by the Gun Organization. So the Gun vote will be crucial for the democrats next year & luckily he have Baker, as well as other democratic candidates who are also Gun Rights Supporters.
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (18)
- September (16)
- August (3)
- July (15)
- June (10)
- May (4)
- April (7)
- March (8)
- February (17)
- January (4)
- December (3)
- November (2)
- October (7)
- September (10)
- August (11)
- July (10)
- June (5)
- May (26)
- April (16)
- March (20)
- February (20)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (29)
- October (92)
- September (68)
- August (55)
- July (90)
- June (104)
- May (66)
- April (117)
- March (89)
- February (85)
- January (79)
- Democrat J.B.Powell (D-Blythe) for State Agricult...
- Results from Month Long Peanut Politics Polls for ...
- CQ Politics Now Rates The 8th Congressional Distri...
- Griffin Lotson to run Statewide in 2010?
- Carl Camon's Campaign Platform for Governor. Just ...
- RJ Hadley speaks at Tea Party Town Hall
- Compassion is Strength
- Poythress, Porter, Baker, Camon, Barnes? Who's it ...
- Parker Griffith still faces a Tough Primary Despit...
- Thurbert Baker Staunch Support of Gun Rights.
- Black Men in Mississippi say Rebel flag flies for ...
- Profile: Joseph Mann candidate for State Senate Di...
- Alabama Democrat Switches Parties
- Cordele-Crisp County Chamber of Commerce Sponsers ...
- County organizing rural water district
- More Reaction from David Ralston's election as Hou...
- Ken Hodges Makes Stop in Thomasvlle
- New Rasmussen Poll shows Roy Barnes with Commandin...
- VP: Let's 'revolutionize' Ga.
- Ralston beats out O'neal, Hembree for Speaker Post...
- Democratic governors in South Carolina and Georgia...
- Labor commissioner to seek federal loan, hold jobs...
- Unemployment Drops in Burke County
- DuBose Porter BBQ a Success
- City of Albany OKs Consolidation
- Georgia Statewide Races of Interest from Politics1...
- What are the Differences Between a Public & Privat...
- VFW has won post after long legal battle
- Colquitt/Miller County Chamber of Commerce holds F...
- Bishop votes to stop cuts in Medicare payments
- Tattnal Bank of Reidsville is the 24th Bank Failur...
- Should Democrats be concerned about Sanford Bishop...
- Another Bluedog Democrat to retire.
- This Doesn't make any sense at all! Georgia House ...
- Muscogee County Schools Braces for Influx of New S...
- Affordable Health Insurance Elusive In Rural U.S.
- DuBose Porter BBQ on Dec. 14 in Laurens County
- Carl Camon for Governor 2010 Fundraiser on Januar...
- State Democratic Convention Outside Atlanta?
- How to Renew Rural Georgia!
- Health Care Reform and Rural America
- SWGA RURAL HEALTH CLINIC AWARDED $1.2 MILLION IN R...
- Tell me Paul Broun is to the Right of the Extreme ...
- Race barriers remain in post-Obama South
- Sales tax slumps in Early County
- DaVid Poythress & DuBose Porter are looking strong...
- Voting rule on proof of citizenship up for adoptio...
- Columbus Council mulls rules for Rails-to-Trails p...
- We Are All Americans Says Labor Commissioner Micha...
- GOP Trying to Push some Dems into Retirement, incu...
- Moody Airmen Coming Home
- Speakers defend cattle industry
- No Primaries or Caucuses until Feb. 2012
- House Turmoil Continues; Burkhalter Won't Seek Spe...
- Georgia Farm Bureau Annual Meeting Yesterday in Br...
- Still Waiting?
- Freeman likely to run for Congress
- Big Guns to raise money for Roy Barnes
- Gen. David Poythress makes stop in Thomas & Decatu...
- House Democratic Caucus must have gone Brain Dead ...
- Jason Carter : Georgia State Senate 2010?
- Embattled House Speaker Richardson losing support ...
- Here are a couple of Carl Camon Videos from the Ca...
- Ken Hodges is running for the office of Attorney G...
- CBO says Economic Stimulus isWorking
- Judge Brooks Blitch III Receives Probation & Fine,...
- Tony McBrayer to run for Austin Scott's House Dist...
- Election Night Results
- Dr. J (Julius Erving) to host a fundraiser for Att...
- Who will Step up as leaders for the Democrats when...
- Tony Center running for chairmanship of Chatham Co...
- Cochran police chief resigns from office
- Democratic Party Activist Dies on Monday
- November (97)
- October (61)
- September (77)
- August (84)
- July (50)
- June (52)
- May (53)
- April (62)
- March (72)
- December (73)