Frank Leone, a DNC member from Viriginia, reports on the weekend's meetings to schedule 2012 presidential nominating contests.
"As to timing, the discussion was relatively brief and consistent with prior discussions -- Iowa/NH/SC/Nevada can go after Feb. 1, every other state goes after March 1, the rules should encourage regional clusters by offering incentives such as bonus delegates, the RBC will address enforcement procedures and sanctions, and the DNC will try to coordinate timing with the RNC rules committee. The RNC coordination process is ongoing."
Obviously, no final decisions have been made but that's the thinking so far.
What the DNC needs to do is to change the states that play a role in determining how the democrats elect their nominee.Instead of being Iowa, Hew Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, etc, it should be Iowa, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Mississippi, Oklahoma, etc.The way the process is set up now it plays right into the hands of the liberal candidate & a moderate or conservative democrat doesn't stand a chance unless the process goes late into the spring like in 2008 when Hillary Clinton won more states that was middle-of0the-road than the more liberal ones that Pres. Obama won earlier. My format have alot more balance: Iowa (Liberal), West Virginia (Moderate), New Hampshire (Independent), Mississippi (Conservative), Oklahoma (Conservative). But the more liberal members of the DNC wouldn't go for that. If think I'm wrong, then check this out:Late U.S. Senator Herman Talmadge (D-GA) on the Democratic PartyHe was right then & its still true today.
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (18)
- September (16)
- August (3)
- July (15)
- June (10)
- May (4)
- April (7)
- March (8)
- February (17)
- January (4)
- December (3)
- November (2)
- October (7)
- September (10)
- August (11)
- July (10)
- June (5)
- May (26)
- April (16)
- March (20)
- February (20)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (29)
- October (92)
- September (68)
- August (55)
- July (90)
- June (104)
- May (66)
- April (117)
- March (89)
- February (85)
- January (79)
- Democrat J.B.Powell (D-Blythe) for State Agricult...
- Results from Month Long Peanut Politics Polls for ...
- CQ Politics Now Rates The 8th Congressional Distri...
- Griffin Lotson to run Statewide in 2010?
- Carl Camon's Campaign Platform for Governor. Just ...
- RJ Hadley speaks at Tea Party Town Hall
- Compassion is Strength
- Poythress, Porter, Baker, Camon, Barnes? Who's it ...
- Parker Griffith still faces a Tough Primary Despit...
- Thurbert Baker Staunch Support of Gun Rights.
- Black Men in Mississippi say Rebel flag flies for ...
- Profile: Joseph Mann candidate for State Senate Di...
- Alabama Democrat Switches Parties
- Cordele-Crisp County Chamber of Commerce Sponsers ...
- County organizing rural water district
- More Reaction from David Ralston's election as Hou...
- Ken Hodges Makes Stop in Thomasvlle
- New Rasmussen Poll shows Roy Barnes with Commandin...
- VP: Let's 'revolutionize' Ga.
- Ralston beats out O'neal, Hembree for Speaker Post...
- Democratic governors in South Carolina and Georgia...
- Labor commissioner to seek federal loan, hold jobs...
- Unemployment Drops in Burke County
- DuBose Porter BBQ a Success
- City of Albany OKs Consolidation
- Georgia Statewide Races of Interest from Politics1...
- What are the Differences Between a Public & Privat...
- VFW has won post after long legal battle
- Colquitt/Miller County Chamber of Commerce holds F...
- Bishop votes to stop cuts in Medicare payments
- Tattnal Bank of Reidsville is the 24th Bank Failur...
- Should Democrats be concerned about Sanford Bishop...
- Another Bluedog Democrat to retire.
- This Doesn't make any sense at all! Georgia House ...
- Muscogee County Schools Braces for Influx of New S...
- Affordable Health Insurance Elusive In Rural U.S.
- DuBose Porter BBQ on Dec. 14 in Laurens County
- Carl Camon for Governor 2010 Fundraiser on Januar...
- State Democratic Convention Outside Atlanta?
- How to Renew Rural Georgia!
- Health Care Reform and Rural America
- SWGA RURAL HEALTH CLINIC AWARDED $1.2 MILLION IN R...
- Tell me Paul Broun is to the Right of the Extreme ...
- Race barriers remain in post-Obama South
- Sales tax slumps in Early County
- DaVid Poythress & DuBose Porter are looking strong...
- Voting rule on proof of citizenship up for adoptio...
- Columbus Council mulls rules for Rails-to-Trails p...
- We Are All Americans Says Labor Commissioner Micha...
- GOP Trying to Push some Dems into Retirement, incu...
- Moody Airmen Coming Home
- Speakers defend cattle industry
- No Primaries or Caucuses until Feb. 2012
- House Turmoil Continues; Burkhalter Won't Seek Spe...
- Georgia Farm Bureau Annual Meeting Yesterday in Br...
- Still Waiting?
- Freeman likely to run for Congress
- Big Guns to raise money for Roy Barnes
- Gen. David Poythress makes stop in Thomas & Decatu...
- House Democratic Caucus must have gone Brain Dead ...
- Jason Carter : Georgia State Senate 2010?
- Embattled House Speaker Richardson losing support ...
- Here are a couple of Carl Camon Videos from the Ca...
- Ken Hodges is running for the office of Attorney G...
- CBO says Economic Stimulus isWorking
- Judge Brooks Blitch III Receives Probation & Fine,...
- Tony McBrayer to run for Austin Scott's House Dist...
- Election Night Results
- Dr. J (Julius Erving) to host a fundraiser for Att...
- Who will Step up as leaders for the Democrats when...
- Tony Center running for chairmanship of Chatham Co...
- Cochran police chief resigns from office
- Democratic Party Activist Dies on Monday
- November (97)
- October (61)
- September (77)
- August (84)
- July (50)
- June (52)
- May (53)
- April (62)
- March (72)
- December (73)