Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Very short Q & A with David Poythress


















Q: "Mr. Poythress you are being compared to ex-governor Joe Frank Harris,
who was a dark horse candidate who came out of nowhere to beat a

better known candidate Bo Ginn in 1982. Is that a fair comparison? "

A; I believe it's a valid comparison. Like Joe Frank Harris I'm a
moderate Democrat who appeals across the entire political spectrum,
and like Governor Harris, I'm going to win.


Q: "And with recent polling showing you beating Handel by 4% & trailing
Oxendine by 4%, do you think more people will now start taking you
seriously as a candidate?"

A: Recent polling shows that Georgia's Governors race is wide open and
that I'm a strong contender.



Q: "There are some saying you don't have the grassroots support to be a
viable candidate if Barnes enter the race. People say if he enters, he
will be the automatic favorite to win. I disagree with that. What do
you have to say about that?"

A: If he enters the race, Governor Barnes will be a credible candidate,
yet I agree with your premise that he is NOT unbeatable.


Q: "Last question will you seek the endorsements of Governor Joe Frank

Harris & Former Senator Sam Nunn?"

A: I have often been compared to both Governor Harris and Senator Nunn,
and I would be honored to receive their support.


No comments:

These Democratic Women Are Rising Stars and Their Futures are Bright

  Former State Senator and potential '26 gubernatorial candidate Jen Jordan Tift County Board of Education member Pat McKinnon State Rep...