He talked about Transportation, Education, Public Safety. Also there was State Senator George Hooks (D-Americus)
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Move the State Forward, become involved, says Porter at the Macon County Chamber of Commerce Dinner.
State Rep, DuBose Porter a gubernatorial candidate for governor of Georgia encouraged Macon Countians to become more involved in politics, saying there's no better time than now. He was the Keynote speaker for the Macon County Chamber of Commerce Banquet held at the Preston Williams Center on Thursday Night. Porter was introduced by State Rep. Lynmore James (D-Montezuma).Says Porter: Georgia is at a crossroads much like in the 1960s & the decision will make the difference as to whether the state moves forward. It matters to your businesses...... to the development of this community (Macon Co.) We need to look at what people actually do, not just what they say they will do. He criticized the budgeting process at the state level. "When you cut every agency the same percentage, some important things don't get done", he said. When you look at the Georgia War Veterans Home, but built a Gold Fish Pond for Perry..... We need to be committed to make tough decisions. He also said the state needs "Family Values" & the legislature needs to stop partidan bickering & bring together rural, urban, black, white, male, female, upstate, downstate to resolve it's problems.
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (107)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (883)
- GOP poll shows Dems have advantage on key issues
- Roy Barnes in Americus (Sumter County) Yesterday.
- Here's something to think about.
- Melvin Everson to challenge Michael Thurmond for s...
- Seems people are forgetting about David Poythress
- Move the State Forward, become involved, says Port...
- Update on Army Vets that were forced out of the Ge...
- Georgia Democrats & gubernatorial candidates need ...
- Old article by Michael Thurmond that is worth the ...
- FSA provides direct loans to 2,636 farmers
- Pennsylvania Republican to Switch Parties.
- We may have an open congressional seat in 2010.
- Strength & Weaknesses of the Democratic Candidates...
- Falcons took 8 in NFL Draft over the weekend.
- AG Commissioner Tommy Irvin announces recall.
- Terry Coleman: What will he do?
- Nathan Deal for Governor?
- Savannah Republican to run for Governor.
- D.A. has concerns about proposed new Drug Unit.
- A South Georgia Tea Party.
- New candidate for State School Superintendent
- Article from Congressional Quarterly Politics.
- Photos of gubernatorial candidates from the gather...
- Porter to speak to Macon County Chamber of Commerc...
- New poll from Strategic Vision.
- Olens to run for Attorney General.
- Peanut Industry wants help too.
- Everyone's waiting on Roy.
- Cody named FSA Director.
- Tennessee Governor to keynote Jefferson-Jackson Di...
- News from around the State.
- Milledgeville state representative Parham resigns
- ‘Zero’ chance of a comeback says Cox.
- Marshall, Barrow fundraising numbers.
- Great Analysis from the folks at The Insider Advan...
- You cannot tell me Barnes isn't going to run.
- Thurbert Baker has Finance Director.
- Greene gets Honor.
- Response from David Poythress.
- GOP Dominoes are starting to fall.
- Cagle Quitting Governor's Race
- Barnes has early lead among dems: Cagle leads GOP ...
- Marshall: Getting an education is a service to one...
- Longtime Dublin resident to seek Porter's House 14...
- Teilhet may have company for AG. Hodges considers ...
- Bill Kinney: If Roy runs again, he needs new strat...
- Rural voters may sway race for governor
- Casey Cagle to be in Macon County to speak to Cham...
- Republican Congressional Gains in the Peach State ...
- Interesting analysis from Tom Baxter of Southern P...
- Anyone wants to be Agriculture Commissioner?
- I'm starting to become very concerned.
- Poor priorities, partisan politics ruled Legislatu...
- Dublin's Porter in race for governor
- Will this be the year Jim Butler makes his move?
- Targeted Republican House Seats?
- Teilhet now officially a candidate for Attorney Ge...
- The politics of race
- These maybe the two who battle it out in the prima...
- Ga. AG Baker's bid for governor draws criticism
- Young Up & Coming Dem to seek Attorney General Po...
- Baker is in the race for governor.
- ▼ April (62)