Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Melvin Everson to challenge Michael Thurmond for state labor commissioner
State Rep. Melvin Emerson will run for Labor Commissioner according to Jim Galloway of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Emerson, who is one of two Black Republicans in the Statehouse was elected in 2005. Michael Thurmond hasn't made up his mind on whether or not he will run for Lt. Gov, Gov, of Stay at home at Laboe Commissioner. It would not surprise me if Barnes decline the Gov's race, Thurmond runs for Governor instead. Not one bit. One more tidbit: Former Barnes Press Secretary Gary Horlacher will run for Secretary of State as a democrat.
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (107)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (883)
- GOP poll shows Dems have advantage on key issues
- Roy Barnes in Americus (Sumter County) Yesterday.
- Here's something to think about.
- Melvin Everson to challenge Michael Thurmond for s...
- Seems people are forgetting about David Poythress
- Move the State Forward, become involved, says Port...
- Update on Army Vets that were forced out of the Ge...
- Georgia Democrats & gubernatorial candidates need ...
- Old article by Michael Thurmond that is worth the ...
- FSA provides direct loans to 2,636 farmers
- Pennsylvania Republican to Switch Parties.
- We may have an open congressional seat in 2010.
- Strength & Weaknesses of the Democratic Candidates...
- Falcons took 8 in NFL Draft over the weekend.
- AG Commissioner Tommy Irvin announces recall.
- Terry Coleman: What will he do?
- Nathan Deal for Governor?
- Savannah Republican to run for Governor.
- D.A. has concerns about proposed new Drug Unit.
- A South Georgia Tea Party.
- New candidate for State School Superintendent
- Article from Congressional Quarterly Politics.
- Photos of gubernatorial candidates from the gather...
- Porter to speak to Macon County Chamber of Commerc...
- New poll from Strategic Vision.
- Olens to run for Attorney General.
- Peanut Industry wants help too.
- Everyone's waiting on Roy.
- Cody named FSA Director.
- Tennessee Governor to keynote Jefferson-Jackson Di...
- News from around the State.
- Milledgeville state representative Parham resigns
- ‘Zero’ chance of a comeback says Cox.
- Marshall, Barrow fundraising numbers.
- Great Analysis from the folks at The Insider Advan...
- You cannot tell me Barnes isn't going to run.
- Thurbert Baker has Finance Director.
- Greene gets Honor.
- Response from David Poythress.
- GOP Dominoes are starting to fall.
- Cagle Quitting Governor's Race
- Barnes has early lead among dems: Cagle leads GOP ...
- Marshall: Getting an education is a service to one...
- Longtime Dublin resident to seek Porter's House 14...
- Teilhet may have company for AG. Hodges considers ...
- Bill Kinney: If Roy runs again, he needs new strat...
- Rural voters may sway race for governor
- Casey Cagle to be in Macon County to speak to Cham...
- Republican Congressional Gains in the Peach State ...
- Interesting analysis from Tom Baxter of Southern P...
- Anyone wants to be Agriculture Commissioner?
- I'm starting to become very concerned.
- Poor priorities, partisan politics ruled Legislatu...
- Dublin's Porter in race for governor
- Will this be the year Jim Butler makes his move?
- Targeted Republican House Seats?
- Teilhet now officially a candidate for Attorney Ge...
- The politics of race
- These maybe the two who battle it out in the prima...
- Ga. AG Baker's bid for governor draws criticism
- Young Up & Coming Dem to seek Attorney General Po...
- Baker is in the race for governor.
- ▼ April (62)