Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Longtime Dublin resident to seek Porter's House 143 seat.

Attorney Mitch Warnock has announced that he will seek the seat being vacated by House Minority Leader DuBose Porter (D) who is running for governor.

Warnock, 40, has been practicing law in Dublin since 1997.

After more than a decade as an attorney, Warnock said he felt like now was the time to broaden his ability to help others.

I just think there are too many things that are wrong, he said. It seems like the legislature and representatives forget who they work for. Number one, I like advocating for my clients as an attorney. (And) I feel like I can advocate for our residents in Atlanta, and exercise the same good judgment and common sense.

The list of potential candidates is expected to grow in the coming weeks and months, with several prominent Dubliners still debating runs for the soon to be vacant seat

Many of the issues in these types of cases, such as healthcare, transportation, education and jobs, are the kind that the citizens of our district will face, Warnock said. My experience with these issues will serve our district well.

According to the release, he has extensive courtroom experience and represents clients in both state and federal courts. His practice includes contract disputes, insurance claims, property disputes and acquisitions.

Warnock graduated from Charlton County High School. He received a B.B.A. in Finance from Georgia Southern University prior to obtaining his Juris Doctorate from Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University.

.

With degrees in finance and law I am equipped to represent our district, and I will be a faithful steward of our taxpayers dollars during these tough economic times, Warnock said. I intend to use my skills as a lawyer to stand up for the needs of all the citizens of our district.

In 2007, Warnock was elected to the State Bar Board of Governors by members of the Dublin Circuit Bar Association where he served as a delegate. He currently serves as the President of the Dublin Circuit Bar Association.

My work ethic is recognized state wide, and I intend to continue that same dedication as a representative. I'm asking for your support and help in becoming your next State Representative with a promise that I will stand up for District 143.”

Warnock is the son of Barbara and Charles M. Warnock. He and his wife, Karen Carswell Warnock, attend Pine Forest United Methodist Church.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Any idea of his party affiliation?

Brian Boothe said...

Doesn't matter to me. I have used Mitch as my attorney on several occasions. He got straight to the point and always got the job done.

These Democratic Women Are Rising Stars and Their Futures are Bright

  Former State Senator and potential '26 gubernatorial candidate Jen Jordan Tift County Board of Education member Pat McKinnon State Rep...