Democrats don't need a contentious primary. Let the republicans have that, let them spend all of their money in the primary. We need to gather our forces together & take back this state that has been neglected by the radical republicans.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Georgia Democrats need to decide who should run for what office in 2010. No bitter primary fights.
I hope the Georgia Democrats take a lesson from Alabama Democrats Agriculture Commissioner Ron Sparks & Lt. Governor Jim Folsom decided that the both of them running for governor is not in the best interest for the democratic party & stead they talked about it & decided to run for different post, Folsom for governor & sparks for Lt. Governor. We already have Gen. David Poythress as a candidate & most likely will have DuBose Porter, Roy Barnes & possibly others like Thurbert Baker. These men need to sit down & talk it out like Folsom & Sparks did over in Alabama. There only need to be two candidates running for governor, one for Lt. Governor & the U.S. Senate. I look at DuBose Porter & he has been waiting for this time to come, having built up a impressive resume, holding key committee positions & championing a key issue: Education that is a concern to Georgia voters. He may well be best postioned to win the governorship for the dems that Poythress even Barnes. Being from Rural Georgia, he has the advantage of getting those votes needed by the democrats to win statewide in 2010. He has deep rural roots, rural heritage & he knows best what is going on in Rural Georgia. If had to make the decision, I would have Porter running for Governor, Baker running for Lt. Governor & Roy Barnes running for the U.S. Senate.
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (18)
- September (16)
- August (3)
- July (15)
- June (10)
- May (4)
- April (7)
- March (8)
- February (17)
- January (4)
- December (3)
- November (2)
- October (7)
- September (10)
- August (11)
- July (10)
- June (5)
- May (26)
- April (16)
- March (20)
- February (20)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (29)
- October (92)
- September (68)
- August (55)
- July (90)
- June (104)
- May (66)
- April (117)
- March (89)
- February (85)
- January (79)
- December (73)
- November (97)
- October (61)
- September (77)
- August (84)
- July (50)
- June (52)
- May (53)
- April (62)
- Porter says Barnes would make a excellent Statesma...
- Democratic Candidate David Poythress on Farmers, t...
- What in the hell do all of these Tea Parties accom...
- Barnes eying another run for governor. Maybe Thurm...
- Bill Shipp likes Michael Thurmond for Governor.
- Barrow Reintroduces Bill to Help Families Exposed ...
- Will the Citizens of Georgia finally wakeup in 201...
- Crawford: We gave tax cuts; where are the jobs?
- Officials defend plant inspectors
- David Poythress candidate for governor in 2010.
- State Rep. Gerald Greene (D) Cuthbert.
- Profile: State Senator Ed Tarver (D-Augusta) SD 22...
- What I have been saying forever if the Dems want t...
- Johnny Isakson's top contributors from 2003 to 200...
- Two Democrats are to be said to be interested in S...
- A must read: As numbers decline, rural lawmakers b...
- More on the Roy Barnes against the GOP IN 2010.New...
- IA poll: Barnes could threaten the GOP streak
- House kills bill to honor Obama
- Georgia Democrats need to decide who should run f...
- State Senator Seth Harp (R-Midland) for State Insu...
- Lawmakers talking of teacher furloughs.
- Library money based on politics
- Poythress on Barnes: ‘He’s not as connected to the...
- State Rep. Ellis Black opposes county commission b...
- Hudgens to run for state insurance commissioner
- Profile: State Senator Ed Harbison (D-Columbus) SD...
- LaGrange/Troupe County: The Kia Effect
- New chairman wants to organize Douglas County Demo...
- Just who is Jim Butler (D-Columbus)?
- Pres. Obama unveils plan to help Small Businesses....
- Poythress: 2010 year of Democrats in Georgia
- David Poythress, John Oxendine up in NW Georgia
- Macon City Councilman & Blogger Erick Erickson hit...
- Rep. Bishop pushes bill to expand Jimmy Carter Nat...
- Republicans voted for a Tax increase.
- Plains Welcome Center saved, for now.
- Profile: Gerald Greene (D-Cuthbert) HD:149
- State Senator Tim Golden: Bill aids politicians, n...
- Jobless rates continue to grow
- Democrat announces run for State School Superinten...
- Obama: ‘I love the South’
- Omnibus Budget Act of 2009.
- BISHOP ANNOUNCES FEMA FUNDING FOR SOUTHWEST GEORGI...
- Mary Squires candidate for State Insurance Commiss...
- Winfred Dukes: ‘Tax hunt’ distracts from real issu...
- Roy Barnes on a potential run for governor.
- Bishop: A Powerful Peanut Industry Politico
- NASCAR digs GA peanut farmers
- UGA Fanning Institute reports on a leadership deve...
- Democrat jumps in race for State Insurance Commiss...
- Profile: Ellis Black (D-Valdosta) HD 174
- State Rep. Mike Cheokas (D-Americus), along with o...
- Georgia GOP: The party of no agenda.
- Judge denies Lotson's challenge to November electi...
- St. Marys Council asks county to reject proposed t...
- Could this lead the way for democrats in 2010?
- Stimulus meeting to be held in Macon
- BISHOP ANNOUNCES HEALTH CARE FUNDING FOR SOUTHWEST...
- Jim Marshall (D) Macon introduces legislation that...
- Tift County Commissioners discuss voting alternati...
- Richard Woods to run for Statewide office in 2010....
- Possible democratic candidates for Georgia Lt. Gov...
- The best choice for dems: Terry Coleman for Ag Com...
- Say No to Universal School Vouchers.
- Time for the creation of four new Statewide office...
- Vidalia Republican to put up own money for a losin...
- Sunday Sales Bill: Not this year.
- Who's the best candiate for democrats & Rural Geor...
- Georgia's Unemployment rate is at a all-time high....
- The GOP has gone too far this time
- 5 Represent Macon County on Water Council