In this interview, David Poythress explains why the people of Georgia should consider the conservative leadership of a Georgia Democrat. David is not a new comer to Georgia politics. He has held various state positions, including stints as Assistant Attorney General, Deputy Revenue Commissioner and Secretary of State. In 1992 he campaigned in his first statewide race and was elected State Labor Commissioner. Although he was re-elected to the position in 1994, he ultimately resigned to run for Governor in 1998. Roy Barnes was the successful candidate in that race.
As for the Democrats, they have failed to aggressively take the Republicans to task for their policies. David hopes to change that and give the people of Georgia a clear choice in leadership in 2010.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
David Poythress candidate for governor in 2010.
David Poythress, candidate for govenor was on What's Goin' On radio show with Wilson R. Smith of Vidalia back in January & I just got finished listening to his interview, which was a good one & he said something that is really important to me: he realizes that there are democrats all over the state of Georgia, not just in Metro Atlanta, ( he was referring to former gov. Roy Barnes possible comeback for governor in 2010). That is going to be the issue for whoever wins the nomination. Now I have not endorsed anyone for governor yet, but Poythress seems to have it down that democrats need to get back to places like Vidalia, Ft. Oglethorpe, Hinesville, Americus to fight for those votes that have been taken for granted by the republicans.
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (18)
- September (16)
- August (3)
- July (15)
- June (10)
- May (4)
- April (7)
- March (8)
- February (17)
- January (4)
- December (3)
- November (2)
- October (7)
- September (10)
- August (11)
- July (10)
- June (5)
- May (26)
- April (16)
- March (20)
- February (20)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (29)
- October (92)
- September (68)
- August (55)
- July (90)
- June (104)
- May (66)
- April (117)
- March (89)
- February (85)
- January (79)
- December (73)
- November (97)
- October (61)
- September (77)
- August (84)
- July (50)
- June (52)
- May (53)
- April (62)
- Porter says Barnes would make a excellent Statesma...
- Democratic Candidate David Poythress on Farmers, t...
- What in the hell do all of these Tea Parties accom...
- Barnes eying another run for governor. Maybe Thurm...
- Bill Shipp likes Michael Thurmond for Governor.
- Barrow Reintroduces Bill to Help Families Exposed ...
- Will the Citizens of Georgia finally wakeup in 201...
- Crawford: We gave tax cuts; where are the jobs?
- Officials defend plant inspectors
- David Poythress candidate for governor in 2010.
- State Rep. Gerald Greene (D) Cuthbert.
- Profile: State Senator Ed Tarver (D-Augusta) SD 22...
- What I have been saying forever if the Dems want t...
- Johnny Isakson's top contributors from 2003 to 200...
- Two Democrats are to be said to be interested in S...
- A must read: As numbers decline, rural lawmakers b...
- More on the Roy Barnes against the GOP IN 2010.New...
- IA poll: Barnes could threaten the GOP streak
- House kills bill to honor Obama
- Georgia Democrats need to decide who should run f...
- State Senator Seth Harp (R-Midland) for State Insu...
- Lawmakers talking of teacher furloughs.
- Library money based on politics
- Poythress on Barnes: ‘He’s not as connected to the...
- State Rep. Ellis Black opposes county commission b...
- Hudgens to run for state insurance commissioner
- Profile: State Senator Ed Harbison (D-Columbus) SD...
- LaGrange/Troupe County: The Kia Effect
- New chairman wants to organize Douglas County Demo...
- Just who is Jim Butler (D-Columbus)?
- Pres. Obama unveils plan to help Small Businesses....
- Poythress: 2010 year of Democrats in Georgia
- David Poythress, John Oxendine up in NW Georgia
- Macon City Councilman & Blogger Erick Erickson hit...
- Rep. Bishop pushes bill to expand Jimmy Carter Nat...
- Republicans voted for a Tax increase.
- Plains Welcome Center saved, for now.
- Profile: Gerald Greene (D-Cuthbert) HD:149
- State Senator Tim Golden: Bill aids politicians, n...
- Jobless rates continue to grow
- Democrat announces run for State School Superinten...
- Obama: ‘I love the South’
- Omnibus Budget Act of 2009.
- BISHOP ANNOUNCES FEMA FUNDING FOR SOUTHWEST GEORGI...
- Mary Squires candidate for State Insurance Commiss...
- Winfred Dukes: ‘Tax hunt’ distracts from real issu...
- Roy Barnes on a potential run for governor.
- Bishop: A Powerful Peanut Industry Politico
- NASCAR digs GA peanut farmers
- UGA Fanning Institute reports on a leadership deve...
- Democrat jumps in race for State Insurance Commiss...
- Profile: Ellis Black (D-Valdosta) HD 174
- State Rep. Mike Cheokas (D-Americus), along with o...
- Georgia GOP: The party of no agenda.
- Judge denies Lotson's challenge to November electi...
- St. Marys Council asks county to reject proposed t...
- Could this lead the way for democrats in 2010?
- Stimulus meeting to be held in Macon
- BISHOP ANNOUNCES HEALTH CARE FUNDING FOR SOUTHWEST...
- Jim Marshall (D) Macon introduces legislation that...
- Tift County Commissioners discuss voting alternati...
- Richard Woods to run for Statewide office in 2010....
- Possible democratic candidates for Georgia Lt. Gov...
- The best choice for dems: Terry Coleman for Ag Com...
- Say No to Universal School Vouchers.
- Time for the creation of four new Statewide office...
- Vidalia Republican to put up own money for a losin...
- Sunday Sales Bill: Not this year.
- Who's the best candiate for democrats & Rural Geor...
- Georgia's Unemployment rate is at a all-time high....
- The GOP has gone too far this time
- 5 Represent Macon County on Water Council